Trying out some Japanese-inspired pasta dishes! This easy recipe comprises of these three components — Pasta, Mushroom, and Miso. The mushrooms were sauteed in a mixture of butter, pasta water, and a spoonful of miso paste creating an emulsified silky-smooth sauce that comes together in minutes. Garnished with thin slices of nori! So much umami flavors in this dish!
Recipe adapted from https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1020979-five-ingredient-creamy-miso-pasta
How to make creamy mushroom Miso pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon white (or red) miso
- 4 ounces Parmesan, finely grated (1 packed cup)
- thinly sliced seaweed snacks, for garnish
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- Cook the spaghetti for around 10 minutes but before draining the pasta and reserve 1 1/2 cups pasta water.
- Chop the mushrooms into bite-sized chunks. Saute the mushrooms over high heat for 3–5 minutes until nicely browned.
- Add the butter, miso, and 1 1/4 cups pasta water to the pot and whisk over medium heat until miso breaks down and liquid is uniform, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the pasta and Parmesan. To achieve a silky smooth pasta, you must stir vigorously until cheese is melted and sauce emulsifies.
- Garnish with seaweed.